Sunday, May 12, 2013

I am still alive ;)

Hello,
sorry that so much time has passed since my last post here, but I was busy with other things in the last months. But that didn't mean that I have made nothing in this time. My Game Design study has started and I have already made a few cool things in this time. 
I hope that no one will blame me for that. And I will try to continue the blog series I have already started in the next time and maybe show you some other cool new things I am working on :>

For the beginning I want to show you a small matte painting I have made for my study. Nothing that is outstanding good, but I lacked a bit of time to create more details in it. And it is my first matte painting and for that I think it is quite okay.



But for everyone who is interested in how to create something like this, I can put this book to the very heart. 

 The Digital Matte Painting Handbook

It is really well explained and gives a lot of helpful tips to create some amazing stuff. And the things that are explained in this book are not only helpful for matte paintings. I already used some of the techniques from the book to detail a skybox texture for a Source Engine Map I am working on.

So far greets from my side and bye for now :>

No comments:

Post a Comment